About Me       Portfolio       Specials       Contact Me       Etsy Shop      

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cooking Adventures

As of the first day of 2013, I vowed to get brave and try cooking new recipes more often. I wish I was more creative and be more like the chefs on Chopped. Still amazes me they can cook some fabulous dish from grape juice! So, I decided to venture to my somewhat neglected Pinterest. From that moment, I was lost somewhere in the depths of pinning, pinning, pinning. Now, not all--wait--two meals cooked this week were from Pinterest. One out of the two were from my little head :)
Country Fried Pork Chops

This is something I decided on my own a few years ago when I had no cubed steak, but I wanted country fried steak. I opted to use boneless pork chops on hand. Very simple! Whisk together eggs and milk (sorry no measurements) and put your favorite seasonings in with some flour. Cover chops in flour, dip in egg, back to flour and heat in a skilled with hot canola oil. Approximately 8 minutes on each side.

I served this with mashed potatoes, mustard greens, and Velveeta Shells and Cheese.

Barbecue Cups

These are so simply easy to make! Justin and I actually used to make these quite a bit when we were newlyweds. A quick and easy meal after a full day of work! Over the years, I managed to forget how to make them, so I was delighted to find the recipe at Life as a Lofthouse (Food Blog.

1 lb. lean ground beef

1 12 oz. can refrigerated biscuits (I used Honey Butter Biscuits)

1 cup BBQ sauce

1 cup cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook ground beef then add BBQ sauce and heat through. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Separate biscuits and pinch up along the sides of the muffin tins. Add beef and BBQ mixture to each biscuit. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.

No cooking for me tonight! After running errands all day with my boys, it was a simple meal night with pizza. Tomorrow, I plan on trying Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Race. Each Thursday, I will post any new recipes I have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment